The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Artima Developer Spotlight Forum
Monadic Design Patterns for the Web - PrePrint Published!

2 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Nov 11, 2012 3:27 PM by George Berger

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
Bill Venners

Nickname: bv

Monadic Design Patterns for the Web - PrePrint Published! Posted: Aug 7, 2012 10:33 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
Complexity management is a major issue facing the professional programmer today. A programmer building an Internet-based application interacts with, on average, no less than a dozen technologies. These applications need nearly continuous operation: 24-7 availability in order to service hundreds to thousands of concurrent requests. Developers need the tools to manage that complexity and Monadic Design Patterns for the Web serves that need. Reading this book will arm you with important techniques that will help you manage that complexity.

Get your copy here:

http://www.artima.com/shop/monadic_design_patterns

Brian J Watson

Nickname: 84675

Re: Monadic Design Patterns for the Web - PrePrint Published! Posted: Nov 11, 2012 3:08 PM
I just ordered my electronic copy and look forward to learning more about applying monadic design patterns to my own complex web application.

Quick question: how do I provide feedback? For example, I think the monadic law on page 37 has an error and should be:

bind (return a) f  == f a

George Berger

Nickname: gcb

Re: Monadic Design Patterns for the Web - PrePrint Published! Posted: Nov 11, 2012 3:27 PM
The best way is to use the "Suggest" link you can find at the bottom of each page of the PDF.

Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
Topic: How the Use of Scala's Features Affects Compile Time Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Amazon Introduces Relational Database Service

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use