The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Programming in Scala Forum
Scala for Ubuntu

1 reply on 1 page. Most recent reply: Jun 6, 2008 6:56 AM by Mohamed Bana

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Arkadiusz Stryjski

Nickname: 53987

Scala for Ubuntu Posted: Feb 13, 2008 4:18 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
I installed Scala from one of the standard repository in Ubuntu, but have some problems with examples from this book.
If it type 'scala -version' it gives me:
Scala code runner version unknown version -- (c) 2002-2006 LAMP/EPFL

I assume it mast be very old if it says: "2002-2006"
Synaptic gives 2.3.0-1.1 as deb package version

The debian version does not work at all on Ubuntu.
I'm not sure why, but maybe because it required some exotic JVM (I mean GCJ). I believe we should have option to choose more standard version of JVM, and it will be even better it it will pick-up Java installed on computer automatically.

Could you look at this problem, and maybe give Ubuntu users a warning to not use Scala from debian, and one from official Ubuntu repositories.

Mohamed Bana

Nickname: mohbana

Re: Scala for Ubuntu Posted: Jun 6, 2008 6:56 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Just get it from the http://www.scala-lang.org/downloads/index.html, I seems to work fine on my machine which runs Ubuntu Hardy 64bit and Fedora 9 64bit. Ubuntu seems to have a rather ridiculous policy of not upgrading a package until the next release :(, so don't get it from the repo.

Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Topic: I can't buy your book. The licesne is absurd. Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Scala, NetBeans, Qt Jambi

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use