The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Akka Concurrency Forum
Very low quality of images in MOBI

4 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: May 30, 2013 2:32 PM by Milan Aleksic

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 4 replies on 1 page
Milan Aleksic

Nickname: milanaleks

Very low quality of images in MOBI Posted: May 30, 2013 6:39 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
Hi,
I must say the images present in the mobi format are basically unusable on my Kindle. Images are too tiny and zooming shows very blurry text, which is so bad since book is an interesting read.
Is this issue fixable? Can you regenerate MOBI with better quality (that gives readable text when zoomed in)?
Thanks for the book by the way, it rocks!

Derek Wyatt

Nickname: dwyatt

Re: Very low quality of images in MOBI Posted: May 30, 2013 6:46 AM
I just heard the same thing myself. I am not directly involved in the creation of the MOBI version, but I do know that they're working on a new release that will fix the image issues.

They'll get it out as soon as possible (which, should be "soon" :D). Sorry about that.

Regs,
Derek

Bill Venners

Nickname: bv

Re: Very low quality of images in MOBI Posted: May 30, 2013 12:53 PM
> Hi,
> I must say the images present in the mobi format are
> basically unusable on my Kindle. Images are too tiny and
> zooming shows very blurry text, which is so bad since book
> is an interesting read.
> Is this issue fixable? Can you regenerate MOBI with better
> quality (that gives readable text when zoomed in)?
> Thanks for the book by the way, it rocks!

Hi Milan,

Sorry about the images. We were not happy with them either, but decided to release it as is until we figure out how to improve them. It isn't clear to us yet how, but we're working on it and will update once we have an improvement.

Bill

Bill Venners

Nickname: bv

Re: Very low quality of images in MOBI Posted: May 30, 2013 2:09 PM
Hi Milan,

We've updated the Mobi, so please redownload and let us know if this is better. The image is now unscaled, and we're concerned it looks worse on iPad and iPhone. And it still does not look as good as we'd like on the Kindle. Can you take a look of the new version on your device and let us know what your opinion is, and what device you are using?

Thanks.

BIll

Milan Aleksic

Nickname: milanaleks

Re: Very low quality of images in MOBI Posted: May 30, 2013 2:32 PM
Hi Bill,
the new mobi looks perfect both on my Kindle Touch and on Calibre desktop e-book reader, text is readable and zooming is even not needed since image (scaled in the way it appears in Kindle) is completely readable. I didn't of course browse entire book since I am reading it from the beginning but if I see anything else I will post here.
Thanks guys!

Flat View: This topic has 4 replies on 1 page
Topic: Any Java or is it all Scala? Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: ByteString I/O

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use