The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

C# Answers Forum
need advice on how to safely store db password for c# connection string

2 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Jul 25, 2019 2:32 AM by wasim khan

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
Franky Temple

Nickname: zanadimaw

need advice on how to safely store db password for c# connection string Posted: Jun 21, 2019 12:17 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
Hey guys, as i think its not very good idea for the user to keep typing the database password everytime he enters in i decided to temporarly store the db password as a string inside a database connector class.
I have no clue how secure is the c# project once compiled and since i am new at this i dont really know any other proper way, is this way almost giving away the password for the database? or is it secure once compiled? if not is there a better more proper way for me to have access to a passworded database with the c# and without requesting the user to manually input the password?

Thank you for your time reading this thread.

Franky Temple

Nickname: zanadimaw

Re: need advice on how to safely store db password for c# connection string Posted: Jun 27, 2019 1:57 AM
Hey guys, as i think its not very good idea for the user to keep typing the database password everytime he enters in i decided to temporarly store the db password as a string inside a database connector class.
I have no clue how secure is the c# project once compiled and since i am new at this i dont really know any other proper way, is this way almost giving away the password for the database? or is it secure once compiled? if not is there a better more proper way for me to have access to a passworded database with the c# and without requesting the user to manually input the password?

Thank you for your time reading this thread.
https://diceus.com/bespoke-software-advantages-and-disadvantages/
Any updates?

wasim khan

Nickname: wasim63427

Re: need advice on how to safely store db password for c# connection string Posted: Jul 25, 2019 2:32 AM
hay guys i thing this is not goood for the databas safety
when you have any problem with your laptop so you can visit on my website
https://uaetechnician.ae/laptop-repair-services

Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
Topic: How We Can Reset Tumblr Forgot Password Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: AOL Email Desktop Gold 844-444-4174 Customer Service Number

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use