The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Answers Forum
Need help in tesing a Java tool

2 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Apr 19, 2002 8:13 AM by Kishori Sharan

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
Kishori Sharan

Nickname: kishori

Need help in tesing a Java tool Posted: Apr 19, 2002 6:50 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
Hi
I have developed a small tool in Java, which implements RSA encryption algorithm. You can download the application from
http://www.homefusion.net/~ksharan/rsa/rsa.htm

I need following helps:
1. Please test the application and let me know if there is any bug or it needs enhancements.
2. I want to know about problems or setup checklist when someone wants to run this application on Unix/Linux. The download contains a rsa.jar file which contains all java classes. In download, I have also included help files, which describe the system in details and source codes .java files.
Specially, I need help in packaging this application files for systems other than windows. So, if you are not a microsoft fan, then I am sure you can help me.

Thanks
Kishori

Lynn Hollerman

Nickname: gmholler

Re: Need help in tesing a Java tool Posted: Apr 19, 2002 7:53 AM
I installed your application and did a little of looking around with it - I'm on an Sun workstation, OS 5.8. I had no problems downloading, installing, or executing it. But then, I also have a Java development environment on my machine/account - and the sysadmin set up several shortcuts for Java apps already on the system, so I don't know if that had something to do with it or not.

Overall, the only "problem" I had was re-sizing the help file - it took a little while, but then again that's most likely my machine - that's its normal behavior! I don't know a lot about encryption as it stands, so I can't evaluate how well that part works. But from what I see it looks really good!

Lynn.

Kishori Sharan

Nickname: kishori

Re: Need help in tesing a Java tool Posted: Apr 19, 2002 8:13 AM
Thanks Lynn for taking time to install and run the application. I never got a chance to work in Java on system other than windows. So, I was little worried about the application installation on Unix. I am glad to know that anyone can run it without any probelm on Sun Workstation. I tried to display help files in JEditorPane so that uses can view help files when working with the application. One can view the help files in a browser too starting with RSAHelp.html file.

Once again a bunch of thanks for your time.

Thanks
Kishori

Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
Topic: File Dependencies with Ant Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: paint()

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use