The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Keyboard Shortcuts In Gmail: Time Saver

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Weiqi Gao

Nickname: weiqigao

Weiqi Gao is a Java programmer.
Keyboard Shortcuts In Gmail: Time Saver Posted: May 6, 2005 7:15 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Weiqi Gao.
Original Post: Keyboard Shortcuts In Gmail: Time Saver
Feed Title: Weiqi Gao's Weblog
Feed URL: http://www.weiqigao.com/blog/rss.xml
Feed Description: Sharing My Experience...
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Weiqi Gao
Latest Posts From Weiqi Gao's Weblog

Advertisement

I've been using Gmail for 185 days now. And I stumbled into what I think is the biggest Gmail time saver yesterday—keyboard shortcuts.

It was disabled by default and you have to go to your settings page to enable it. But once enabled, you can navigate your mails, in two different views, with the keyboard.

The j key takes you to the next thread. The k key takes you to the previous thread. The Enter key takes you from the summary view to the detail view. The u key takes you back.

It's almost as good as the old rn news reader, by no other than Larry Wall.

(Just to show you how "web applications" takes the state of the art GUI development back for twenty years. (Sorry I couldn't resist the urge to take a cheap shot at "web applications." (And I think I understand what Bill Gates meant when he said "Have you ever heard of Windows?")))

Read: Keyboard Shortcuts In Gmail: Time Saver

Topic: FireFox browser is a clear winner with technologists Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Karsten on Avalon and XAML

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use