The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
TomTom 910 Chosen

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
dion

Nickname: dion

Dion Almaer is the Editor-in-Chief for TheServerSide.com, and is an enterprise Java evangelist
TomTom 910 Chosen Posted: Jan 8, 2007 1:35 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by dion.
Original Post: TomTom 910 Chosen
Feed Title: techno.blog(Dion)
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/dion
Feed Description: blogging about life the universe and everything tech
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by dion
Latest Posts From techno.blog(Dion)

Advertisement

Thanks to a bunch of email / IM and a couple of comments on my initial entry on portable GPS systems, I ended up going for the TomTom 910 and although I wasn't impressed before buying it, I have been mildly happy with it.

The arm works well so far, is easy to use and take on and off, and very solid.

The voice system does a decent job. I like it when it tells me things in advance (take a left and then the second right), and the key is that it tells you road names, so instead of having to just get good at knowing what 300 yards is, you can look up and see 'yes, this is Foo St' and turn there.

The funny point so far: When sending me on County Rd MM it said "Take a right on county road millimeter". Trying to be too smart for its own good.

Read: TomTom 910 Chosen

Topic: Jakarta Project Releases Commons Virtual File System 1.0 Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Two weeks from today will be the first iteration of Extreme Tuesday New York.

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use