The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Java vs. PHP vs. Rails vs. Ajax. I can make my graph do anything

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
dion

Nickname: dion

Dion Almaer is the Editor-in-Chief for TheServerSide.com, and is an enterprise Java evangelist
Java vs. PHP vs. Rails vs. Ajax. I can make my graph do anything Posted: Sep 7, 2007 10:59 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by dion.
Original Post: Java vs. PHP vs. Rails vs. Ajax. I can make my graph do anything
Feed Title: techno.blog(Dion)
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/dion
Feed Description: blogging about life the universe and everything tech
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by dion
Latest Posts From techno.blog(Dion)

Advertisement

JavaLobby has a post titled And The Fastest Growing Web Framework Is... which discusses Rich Hightowers blog on the subject.

Of course, I can play with numbers like the best of them.

If we start with "Java JSF", "Java Spring", Ajax, and Rails, we tell a story that JSF is beating Rails, Spring is above both, and Ajax is doing better than them all (as it is general).

jobgraph-javajsf-javaspring-ajax-rails.png

Then we change the game by adding PHP, and it is right up there with Ajax.

jobgraph-javajsf-javaspring-ajax-rails-php.png

Then we use "Java" and "JSF" by themselves (same for Spring), and we see Java way up in the lead.

jobgraph-java-jsf-spring-ajax-rails-php.png

Finally, we change the scale to be relative, and we see hyper growth for Ajax compared to relative flat growth of the others.

jobgraph-relative-java-jsf-spring-ajax-rails-php.png

The moral of the story? The good old truth about lies, lies, and statistics. Don't even get me started about what job numbers means, and how good Indeed's data may or may not be. How about we focus on just solving business problems? :)

Read: Java vs. PHP vs. Rails vs. Ajax. I can make my graph do anything

Topic: Where did the Ajax go from Facebook? Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Dependencies, dependencies

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use