The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Hybrid Mobile RIA

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Fred Grott

Nickname: shareme

Fred Grott is Lead Developer-CEO of ShareMe Technologies LLC -The Mobile Future
Hybrid Mobile RIA Posted: Jan 30, 2009 5:45 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Fred Grott.
Original Post: Hybrid Mobile RIA
Feed Title: ShareMe Technologies LLC-The Mobile Future
Feed URL: http://www.jroller.com/shareme/feed/entries/rss
Feed Description: A Weblog about Java programming and digital convergence on mobile devices in such areas as P2P and collaborative technology.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Fred Grott
Latest Posts From ShareMe Technologies LLC-The Mobile Future

Advertisement

With the InfoWorld article coming out without linking to my blog, I have come to the realization that someone needs to coin the correct term for what we are doing with webview. Thus the term I am using for implementing mobile RIAs accessign native mobie functions is being called Hybrid Mobile RIAs,

Hybrid Mobile RIAs have these characteristics. They can access native mobile functions such as GPS and they use an embedded web browser view to enable use of web based code as the application code base and implement ajax full on device rather than with server side help. Thus, you will see me refer to rather than webkit emebedded webview or other terms this Hybrid Mobile RIA term instead.

Hybrid Mobile RIAs are differnt than Mobile RIA in that it is accessing mobile native functions and implementing ajax without server side help such is say in the Mojax solution or ZK or etc. Maybe the term will catch on. Gartner according to ReadWriteWeb came out with a report stating that mobile web widgets are one of the technologies to  watch in 2009. Its not mobile web widegts to watch but this new Hybrid Mobile RIA technology and techniques to watch in that you can combine 3 trends that Gartner hs highlighted GPS, Social apps, and Mobile Web widgets all within one set of techniques..

Read: Hybrid Mobile RIA

Topic: QuickConnect HowTos Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: SQLite Reading

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use