The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Monkeyman rising

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Wilfred Springer

Nickname: springerw

Wilfred Springer is a Software Architect at Xebia
Monkeyman rising Posted: Feb 22, 2012 12:25 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Wilfred Springer.
Original Post: Monkeyman rising
Feed Title: Distributed Reflections of the Third Kind
Feed URL: http://blog.flotsam.nl/feeds/posts/default
Feed Description: Distributed Reflections of the Third Kind
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Wilfred Springer
Latest Posts From Distributed Reflections of the Third Kind

Advertisement

During the last couple of months, I got so repulsed by having to use Blogger for blogging, that all blogging activity came to a grinding halt. I seriously searched for other solutions, including Tumblr, Jekyll and Middleman, but none of them seemed to cut it in the end.

Middleman actually came close. I love it. It's awesome. Until it's not. And then you need to be a Ruby programmer to truly understand what's going on. Having to learn Ruby just to write a blog just didn't feel right.

So then, on February 3, I tweeted this:

A friend a mine send me a link to Jekyll. Other than that, it stayed quiet. That's when I decided I had waited long enough. I had spent countless hours trying to twist Middleman's arm to do what I wanted to do, all in vain. Enough is enough.

So three days later, I went like:

In all honesty, it didn't do much yet. It generated something from the commandline. But it didn't have any of the fancy stuff yet. (LESS support, live preview and all of that.)

This morning I completed a version that is pretty usable, I'd say. I feel safe to start moving some of my existing sites over to a solution based on that version of Monkeyman. Behold: the Monkeyman:

Read: Monkeyman rising

Topic: Apache Mahout: Getting started Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: (Guest blog) The Changing Skillset of a Tester and Increasing the Speed to Cool

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use