The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Android App Logging

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Fred Grott

Nickname: sharemefg

Fred Grott is an android developer producing prototype applications for Chicago start-ups
Android App Logging Posted: Sep 11, 2012 1:36 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Fred Grott.
Original Post: Android App Logging
Feed Title: GrottWorkShop
Feed URL: http://shareme.github.io/atom.xml
Feed Description: Android development with a passion for Android, Java, and Agile.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Fred Grott
Latest Posts From GrottWorkShop

Advertisement

Part of the context is missing when just relying upon unit testing alone as we are testing mobile GUIs. So one of the last steps in completing the alpha version of GWSAntDroid is coming up with a decent Logging of the application strategies.

Logbackandroid seems up to date and ready to serve that purpose. But I think I may have to add an extra tweak to it in the form of some extra classes. Let me explain.

In android logging we have the log levels as containers if you will and I certainly could setup logback-android to save alog file for each level. A better set up would be since I will be using a special log class to get and log method traces and heap allocations to track view optimization it it would be handy to have the log files be stored by the classname rather than by log level as far as log files, than of course also include the date-stamp and time-stamp in the file name.

And the last part have it detect where to save it external SD card if it exits or internal Sdcard if its say a tablet.

Than when I execute the instrumented unit testing I can match up that set of tests to the app log files and that gives me a QA context of the view classes per the measurements of heap sizes, allocations, etc.

So I get to play with logback-android for the next few days.

Read: Android App Logging

Topic: Clojure: What I Learned on the Way Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Android Homescreen Widget with AlarmManager

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use