The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Java Q&A: The ultimate superclass, Part 2

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
News Manager

Nickname: newsman

News Manager is the force behind the news at Artima.com.
Java Q&A: The ultimate superclass, Part 2 Posted: Apr 13, 2014 7:54 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by News Manager.
Original Post: Java Q&A: The ultimate superclass, Part 2
Feed Title: JavaWorld
Feed URL: http://www.javaworld.com/index.rss
Feed Description: JavaWorld.com: Fueling Innovation
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by News Manager
Latest Posts From JavaWorld

Advertisement

My previous post launched a three-part series on the java.lang.Object class and its methods. After introducing Object, I examined clone() and equals(). In this post, I dig deeper into Object by covering the finalize(), getClass(), and hashCode() methods.

Finalization

Q: What does the finalize() method accomplish?

A: The finalize() method lets an object that overrides this method, and which is known as a finalizer, perform cleanup tasks (such as releasing system resources) when called by the garbage collector. This cleanup activity is known as finalization. The default finalize() method does nothing; it returns when called.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Read: Java Q&A: The ultimate superclass, Part 2

Topic: A look back at the past months for FishEye and Crucible Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Spring MVC Controller Example

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use