The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Python Buzz Forum
Thank you Dell, but no thank you

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Dmitry Dvoinikov

Nickname: targeted

Dmitry Dvoinikov is a software developer who believes that common sense is the best design guide
Thank you Dell, but no thank you Posted: May 5, 2017 7:14 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Python Buzz by Dmitry Dvoinikov.
Original Post: Thank you Dell, but no thank you
Feed Title: Things That Require Further Thinking
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ThingsThatRequireFurtherThinking
Feed Description: Once your species has evolved language, and you have learned language, [...] and you have something to say, [...] it doesn't take much time, energy and effort to say it. The hard part of course is having something interesting to say. -- Geoffrey Miller
Latest Python Buzz Posts
Latest Python Buzz Posts by Dmitry Dvoinikov
Latest Posts From Things That Require Further Thinking

Advertisement
I must say, I'm really disappointed with Dell.

And that's given I've been a fan before. For many years I've owned a Latitude D630:

incredibly well built, no trouble whatsoever, matte screen, Ctrl and arrow keys in their right places, and even a COM port. Had been very happy with it. So happy that I even upgraded it, believe  it or not. Loved it.

Later, I had purchased some Inspiron 13, mostly for the looks. Can't even remember the model. So, half a year later the charger starts emitting annoying high-pitched noise, and the touch screen starts touching itself in the upper left corner, which is also really annoying when you can see the dancing dots on the screen and the "My computer" icon always gets clicked.

But I thought, ok, it's a much cheaper laptop, so no grudge, right ?

So now I have Precision 5510 for a workstation which must have costed my employer some 2000 euro. High end, all the bells and whistles.

And I get several BSOD's each day. Every time I lock it, I fear that the damn thing will BS on wake up. Sometimes I can't even start it as it BS'es right after the login. And this is not just my machine, as some of my colleagues have the same issues with their Dell's.

So no, thank you Dell, but no thank you.

Read: Thank you Dell, but no thank you

Topic: Making your own private Internet Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: From bytes to strings in Python and back again

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use