The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Opening up my hiki wiki: bliki.rb plugin

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Eigen Class

Nickname: eigenclass

Eigenclass is a hardcore Ruby blog.
Opening up my hiki wiki: bliki.rb plugin Posted: Aug 12, 2006 2:50 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Eigen Class.
Original Post: Opening up my hiki wiki: bliki.rb plugin
Feed Title: Eigenclass
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/eigenclass
Feed Description: Ruby stuff --- trying to stay away from triviality.
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Eigen Class
Latest Posts From Eigenclass

Advertisement

You might have realized that eigenclass.org has been changing subtly as of late. In addition to the cosmetic modifications, I've upgraded to hiki 0.8.6 and rewritten my hiki hacks as self-contained plugins.

The last one I've been working on allows you to enable modifications to a set of nodes without opening up all of the wiki: creation of new nodes is disabled, and some operations are restricted. This is what the admin sees when editing a page: edit-form.png

hiki already ships with a plugin that allows you to restrict modification so that only authenticated users can edit the wiki (and also to freeze some pages), but my code allows you to open specific pages to everybody, while keeping the rest of the wiki frozen*1.

I've created a few "open" nodes, enabling modifications to them:

Larger parts of eigenclass.org will become open if spam doesn't get too annoying. I have several ideas to fight it, were it needed.

I'll release my hiki plugins in a while (which I sort of promised quite a long time ago), but here's bliki.rb, so you can see how easily hiki can be extended:

Read more...

Read: Opening up my hiki wiki: bliki.rb plugin

Topic: not Scrum.equal :product_backlog Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: The Mongrel Comet

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use