The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
ruby-wmii 0.3.1: bookmark manager, generalized menus, view history...

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Eigen Class

Nickname: eigenclass

Eigenclass is a hardcore Ruby blog.
ruby-wmii 0.3.1: bookmark manager, generalized menus, view history... Posted: Aug 14, 2006 2:50 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Eigen Class.
Original Post: ruby-wmii 0.3.1: bookmark manager, generalized menus, view history...
Feed Title: Eigenclass
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/eigenclass
Feed Description: Ruby stuff --- trying to stay away from triviality.
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Eigen Class
Latest Posts From Eigenclass

Advertisement

I just released ruby-wmii 0.3.1. If you didn't know it, it's a Ruby script plus associated plugins to control the wmii window manager.

The most important (and heaviest) change in 0.3.1 is the inclusion of the bookmark manager I wrote about earlier. It can import and sync your bookmarks against del.icio.us, is keypress by keypress the most efficient bookmark manager out there, and allows complex queries. It supports regular expressions on both titles and URLs, progressive refining, temporal expressions... For instance, you can open all the articles with the redhanded tag, including 'wmii' in either the title or the URL, bookmarked/visited in the last 2 months with

:redhanded wmii ~d <2m
 !o

If you already had ruby-wmii installed, you can enable the bookmark manager by adding something like this to your ~/.wmii-3/wmiirc-config.rb:

from "standard" do
  use_binding "bookmark"      # , "MODKEY-Shift-b" # uncomment and change to
  use_binding "bookmark-open" # , "MODKEY-b"       # override the default keys
end

plugin_config["standard:bookmark"]["del.icio.us-user"] = 'myusername'
plugin_config["standard:bookmark"]["del.icio.us-password"] = 'mypass'

I've also added recently an experimental binding to move across the view history, using MODKEY-plus (forward) and MODKEY-minus (backwards) by default. I've been using it for a few days and it seems to complement MODKEY-r (move to previous view, cycles over the last 2 views) nicely. Here's the incantation:

from "standard" do
    use_binding "history-move-forward"
    use_binding "history-move-back"
end

ruby-wmii 0.3.1 also includes a few additional features and a number of bugfixes.

Community

I've created a couple editable nodes on eigenclass.org you can use to find and share configurations, plugins, tips, etc:

Download

The latest version of ruby-wmii is available here.

Changes since 0.3.0 (2006-07-04)

Read more...

Read: ruby-wmii 0.3.1: bookmark manager, generalized menus, view history...

Topic: Strings: De Java A Ruby Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Aiming for Mainstream

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use