The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Rails is making the rounds

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
David Heinemeier Hansson

Nickname: dhh

David Heinemeier Hansson is the lead Ruby developer on 37signal's Basecamp and constructor of Rails
Rails is making the rounds Posted: Mar 24, 2004 10:21 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by David Heinemeier Hansson.
Original Post: Rails is making the rounds
Feed Title: Loud Thinking
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/LoudThinking
Feed Description: All about the full-stack, web-framework Rails for Ruby and on putting it to good effect with Basecamp
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by David Heinemeier Hansson
Latest Posts From Loud Thinking

Advertisement

Since trackbacks hasn't yet been enabled on Loud Thinking, I thought I'd do some manual recognition of the latest round of link-love for Rails, Ruby, and Basecamp.

Adrian Spinei writes in Scripting languages not just for toys:

According to David Heinemeier Hansson, the RAILS 1KLOC (!) web framework written in Ruby was used to develop Basecamp, a mildly complex project management webapp. What's fascinating is the Ruby code used to develop Basecamp is only 4KLOC (according to the RAILS document) and was developed in less than 2man*month (including 212 test cases and all the bells and gingles).

...and continues on a similar note (albeit in a tone foreign to me):

E scris in Ruby si are in spate un web framework (RAILS) de numai 1KLOC (scris in cateva zile). Basecamp a costat < 2 luni/om si are ... 4KLOC !!! cred ca au scris mai mult cod la cele 212 testcases cu care se lauda (acoperire de test aproape 100%).

Carlos E. Perez writes in Mildly Complex Webapp in 2 Man Months!?:

David Heinemeier Hansson writes that he developed the "mildly [complex] project management webapp" in 2 man months using Rails framework and Ruby. To top it off, he adds that it includes writing 212 test cases! Its quite a bold claim bordering on the incredulous, but lets take a moment to suspend belief and take a glimpse at how he may have accomplished his feat.

Jogin notes in his Contemporary Links:

David Heinemeier Hansson, of 37 Signals, introduces his/their brand new web development framework, called Rails. Rails, like all good things, is for Ruby.

Bmm's post in Japanese is one I haven't yet deciphered:

Translations in the comments are much appriciated.

Read: Rails is making the rounds

Topic: Make RubLog del.icio.us Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: New Web Version of Programming Ruby

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use