The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Karmic Will is What Did It

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Red Handed

Nickname: redhanded

Red Handed is a Ruby-focused group blog.
Karmic Will is What Did It Posted: Jan 23, 2005 2:50 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Red Handed.
Original Post: Karmic Will is What Did It
Feed Title: RedHanded
Feed URL: http://redhanded.hobix.com/index.xml
Feed Description: sneaking Ruby through the system
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Red Handed
Latest Posts From RedHanded

Advertisement

I’m not going to avoid getting cosmic today. Because if part of coding in Ruby involved chanting together, all of us crosst the world, just when dawn is breaking in Japan, we’d all be chanting. Thanks to that ghostly yanking on your sleeve that brought you here in the first place, that seductive finger made of perfume mist that went in one nostril and stayed put right in your cerebral cortex.

Derek Shivers announces his plans to recode CD Baby in Ruby + PostgreSQL and he justifies it by citing karmic will in a way that severely puts the mark on my own smittenness:

Like a lost soul walkin’ the earth, lookin’ for spirituality, that stumbles upon the right church with the right people at the right time, I’ve found my niche with Ruby. Its little itty-bitty community attracts some brilliant “think different” types with a love for beautiful code that do this for love, not money.

For more on Ruby, see Siddhartha.

Read: Karmic Will is What Did It

Topic: Statically Typed Closures In Groovy Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Fwding with RubyMail

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use