The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Web Buzz Forum
Our policy in Iraq? Regime change, and then embarass old regime with silly pictures.

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Josh Baltzell

Nickname: jbaltzell

Josh Baltzell is an ASP.NET and ASP Programmer learning all he can about all.
Our policy in Iraq? Regime change, and then embarass old regime with silly pictures. Posted: May 16, 2004 9:40 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Web Buzz by Josh Baltzell.
Original Post: Our policy in Iraq? Regime change, and then embarass old regime with silly pictures.
Feed Title: ShortDomainName.com
Feed URL: http://www.contegix.com/Rss.aspx
Feed Description: Weblog of Josh Baltzell. Focusing on the computer industry and .NET programming related news. I like to get involved on the discussions wherever they are.
Latest Web Buzz Posts
Latest Web Buzz Posts by Josh Baltzell
Latest Posts From ShortDomainName.com

Advertisement

Don Park wrote an article about what he doesn't like about Bush and what he fears will trickle down to the rest of our government with him at the helm.

He is a man who seems to be drowning in his ideals and obsessions, a man whose unbalanced views, priorities and careless waving of the national security flag have trickled down the hierarchy of the US government and armed forces, creating pockets of atmosphere that disregards civil and human rights.

I think he is right about Bush being obsessed with certain issues that are not the root of the problem.  Maybe topling Iraq will be something that is looked back on as something that needed to be done, but it seems to me that we did it all wrong.  Too much of what America does is just that; what America does.  Without a consensus on these actions by the rest of the world it just looks like the US invading whoever they see fit, being a tyranny and letting the muslim world know that we will tear your country apart if you are not in line with us.  There is a reason that it all looks like this to the rest of the world.  Because it is true.

I understand that getting things done in the UN are even harder than getting things done in the legislative branch here in the US, but that just means that it's time to reorganize how the world works together.

It seems to me that the problem is not just the "madmen" that Bush rambles about.  It is an overall distrust of Western civilization by the Muslim community.  Sure the great majority of them will not blow themselves up to hurt us, but I think that even the everyday man over there who is an Allah-fearing Muslim feels a little of that resentment just because we are imperialistic, and we are involved in everything we can get our money grubbing hands on.

Then again, from the arab people I know they don't exactly seem like innocent workers and muslims.  The arab people I know are business owners, entrepeneurs and people who generally want to build weath for their family.

Sidenote: I have even read theories on why people from the middle east are more entrepeneurial and they make sense.  The middle east was the trade route between the eastern countries and the western countries of Eurasia.  That would put the people in the middle east in a very good situation for business.  Thus the idea that being a businessman is born and bred in to many of the people in the middle east.

So where does all my incoherant rambling leave us?  What is the problem?  Is it the United States attacking countries that we deem to be extremists?  Is it the mild hatred that the muslim community has for us being personified in these "madmen"?  Is it religion?  Probably.

When it comes down to it most problem stem from religion being used as a tool for hate instead of a tool for compassion.  Religion is very powerful in politics because you can rally people behind a cause if you deem it as a question of religious morals.  Muslims seem to be the master of this since they are convincing young men to kill themselves for it, but the United States can never be counted out when discussing countries that fuel their agendas with religion.

Read: Our policy in Iraq? Regime change, and then embarass old regime with silly pictures.

Topic: Page 23 Meme Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Math Joke

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use