The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Apple to online writers: drop dead

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
James Robertson

Nickname: jarober61

David Buck, Smalltalker at large
Apple to online writers: drop dead Posted: Apr 21, 2006 1:58 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by James Robertson.
Original Post: Apple to online writers: drop dead
Feed Title: Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants
Feed URL: http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/rssBlog/rssBlogView.xml
Feed Description: James Robertson comments on Cincom Smalltalk, the Smalltalk development community, and IT trends and issues in general.
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by James Robertson
Latest Posts From Cincom Smalltalk Blog - Smalltalk with Rants

Advertisement

Via PR Differently, I find that Apple wants a caste system for journalists. If you write for a newspaper or trade journal, you're a pro. If not, you're a problem:

A California court in San Jose on Thursday is scheduled to hear a case brought by Apple Computer that eventually could answer an unsettled legal question: Should online journalists receive the same rights as traditional reporters?

Apple claims they should not. Its lawyers say in court documents that Web scribes are not "legitimate members of the press" when they reveal details about forthcoming products that the company would prefer to keep confidential.

Here, let me translate:

"We liked it a whole lot better when we could wow a handful of journalists with gifts and pre-release briefings. This nonsense of anyone with access to a computer having an opinion has got to stop!"

I may give MS a lot of crap, but at least they aren't out there trying to shove rubber balls down my throat. Let's hear some more of Apple's words of wisdom:

"Unlike the whistleblower who discloses a health, safety or welfare hazard affecting all, or the government employee who reveals mismanagement or worse by our public officials, (the Macintosh news sites) are doing nothing more than feeding the public's insatiable desire for information," Kleinberg wrote at the time.

I'd have something snarky to say here, but I'm too busy giggling. What do these clowns think the media does, if not feed the public's desire for information? The only difference is that there are fewer print people covering Apple, and they feel like they can control them better. They don't like the idea of the "unruly mob" of bloggers expressing opinions.

Hey Steve - I have a message for you: Stuff it. I'm looking forward to buying an intel based Mac, but believe you me - this kind of attitude is going to make me think twice.

Read: Apple to online writers: drop dead

Topic: The blogger's motto Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: 3 More sleeps until I arrive in Canada

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use