The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Articles Forum
JSF and JSP: What's New in Java EE 5

2 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Nov 28, 2006 7:31 AM by Dave McGraw

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
Bill Venners

Nickname: bv

JSF and JSP: What's New in Java EE 5 Posted: May 16, 2006 9:00 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
Ed Burns is co-specification lead for JSR 252, JavaServer Faces 1.2, and Jan Luehe leads JSR 245, Java Server Pages 2.1. Artima interviewed the two spec leads on April 14, 2006, and then in a subsequent email exchange, about new JSF and JSP features included in Java EE 5. Burns and Luehe discuss the JSP and JSF common expression language, AJAX, and the role annotations play in dependency injection.

http://www.artima.com/lejava/articles/jsf_jsp.html

What do you think of the new JSP and JSF?

Ivan Lazarte

Nickname: ilazarte

Re: JSF and JSP: What's New in Java EE 5 Posted: May 19, 2006 12:08 AM
Strikes me as boring and predictable. I had typed out a lot more, but the end point is really I dont see anything that would make me want to change my code.

Dave McGraw

Nickname: mcgraw1

Re: JSF and JSP: What's New in Java EE 5 Posted: Nov 28, 2006 7:31 AM
I love it, after years of defending ColdFusion against countless Java developers...

Java is copying CF...
This "new" spec isnt New at all, you copied ColdFusion...

Even down to the detial of using the # sign with vars.

I love the new Spec, becuase CF has had dynamic web development right for over 10 years now, Java while trying to dictate how web development should be done, is finally looking at other things.

ColdFusion will still outperfom development speed and time to market by months compared to anything developed in Java, but I commend your communitty for wanting something better. 6 months to a year to release a web app is not acceptable in todays market.

Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
Topic: Interviews from JavaPolis 2006: Day 2 Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: A Brief Look at C++0x

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use