The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Articles Forum
Becoming an Architect

1 reply on 1 page. Most recent reply: Jul 22, 2011 12:57 PM by Pawan Chopra

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Bill Venners

Nickname: bv

Becoming an Architect Posted: Apr 4, 2004 9:00 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
Luke Hohmann talks with Bill Venners about the social role of software architects, the value of sticking with a product release after release, and the importance of domain knowledge.

Read this Artima.com interview with the author of Beyond Software Architecture:

http://www.artima.com/intv/architect.html

What do you think of Luke's comments?

Pawan Chopra

Nickname: pawanspace

Re: Becoming an Architect Posted: Jul 22, 2011 12:57 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Hi Bill,

Not sure if you still remember this thread or not :). I read that article it gives you couple of good points. One point where he said that a person who is switching to different projects will not be able to see what he did wrong in the previous one is a very good point. But If you see on the other side if one person will stick on one project for long long time then he will not be able to provide solutions for different kind of problems. How about this? I am 5 years experienced in Java. I would like to be an architect. I have never worked on any project for more than 1 and half year. What should be the way from now on to become a solution architect?

Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Topic: The Next Big JVM Language Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Fit or Future? Which is More Important When Hiring?

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use