The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Books Forum
J2ME Games with MIDP2

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Janet Crosbie

Nickname: apress1

J2ME Games with MIDP2 (View in Chapters Library)
by Carol Hamer
Posted: Jul 21, 2004 2:39 PM
Reply to this message Review this Book
Download a Free Chapter

Three
Using the MIDP 2.0 Games API
Please login to download.

Buy the Book

About the Book

ISBN: 1590593820
Publisher: Apress LP
Publication Date: June 2004
Edition: 1st
Binding: Paperpack
Number of Pages: 304

Advertisement
If you're looking for a book written by a games industry insider with a clear voice, this is it

If you're looking for a book written by a games industry insider with a clear voice, this is it. The excellent text is complemented by rich, well-written example games. From graphics to sound to networking, this book will teach you how to create games using the full power of MIDP 2.0"
Jonathan Knudsen, Author and developer

Java 2ME (Micro Edition) is the client-side Java development platform for building wireless Java-based cell phone and PDA applications. This book addresses the fun challenge of building game applications for these kinds of portable devices. Author Carol Hamer shows you how to use J2ME for developing, using the latest MIDP 2.0 specification.

If you are new to developing with J2ME, we recommend you first read Jonathan Knudsen’s Wireless Java: Developing with J2ME, Second Edition. We suggest that you read this book second, then complete the "series" with David Croft’s Advanced Java Game Programming, for a complete Apress experience of game developing with Java.

Author Information

Carol Hamer - Carol Hamer is a professional Java developer. She has written several J2ME games using the MIDP 2.0 games API. Carol has a strong knowledge of the workings of the JVM having written (in C) a CLDC-compliant bytecode verifier. Carol has written software (in Java) to communicate with mobile devices using web binary XML and other binary formats. She has also written thread-safe multithreaded applications, including a multiplayer card game application/applet.

Topic: Pro JMX: Java Management Extensions Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Expert C# Business Objects

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use