The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Artima Developer Spotlight Forum
Programming in Scala, Third Edition, Now Available

9 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Jun 25, 2019 6:10 AM by edward mckim

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Flat View: This topic has 9 replies on 1 page
Bill Venners

Nickname: bv

Programming in Scala, Third Edition, Now Available Posted: May 4, 2016 12:02 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement

We are excited to announce that the third edition of Programming in Scala is now available!

The book has been updated to cover new features up to and including Scala version 2.12, such as:

• Implicit classes
  • Creating your own AnyVals
  • String interpolation
  • Futures and concurrency, including new methods added in 2.12 and asynchronous testing with Futures in ScalaTest 3.0
  • Wildcard types
  • The close integration of Scala 2.12 and Java 8, most significantly the new ability to use function literals to express instances of SAM types
  • The latest recommendations for Scala coding style
  • New recommendations for writing hashCode
  • The context bounds syntax for typeclasses

As of today, both the eBook and paper book are in stock and ready for purchase. You can pick up a copy today at Artima or Amazon.

Also, for those of you attending Scala Days in New York, Martin and Bill will be on hand for a book signing on Tuesday, May 10, at noon at the Artima booth. Please come by and say hello!

Nickname: 100161

Re: Programming in Scala, Third Edition, Now Available Posted: May 29, 2016 3:11 PM
Hi,

will the authors be in London anytime?

Regards,
Gourav

Daniel Barclay

Nickname: daniel7

Re: Programming in Scala, Third Edition, Now Available Posted: Oct 29, 2016 3:37 PM
Why doesn't Artima accept error reports (and show them publicly so other readers can benefit from them) as you imply that you will (by having the error page at http://booksites.artima.com/programming_in_scala_3ed/errata)?

I took the effort to submit about a dozen specific error reports (probably two or three months ago).

However, none of those reports appear on those errata pages (and neither did I receive any feedback that my reports were invalid or otherwise not accepted).

Daniel

George Berger

Nickname: gcb

Re: Programming in Scala, Third Edition, Now Available Posted: Oct 30, 2016 7:05 PM
Sorry, this was my fault. I failed to turn on email notifications when new errata are posted for the book. There's a backlog of them. I'll start working my way through them on Tuesday.

Daniel Barclay

Nickname: daniel7

Re: Programming in Scala, Third Edition, Now Available Posted: Nov 26, 2016 3:47 PM
Okay, I see error reports I submitted. Thanks.

George Berger

Nickname: gcb

Re: Programming in Scala, Third Edition, Now Available Posted: Nov 26, 2016 5:00 PM
Thanks for flagging the problem.

Howard Knowles

Nickname: bikeinbits

Re: Programming in Scala, Third Edition, Now Available Posted: Dec 21, 2016 2:13 AM
Hi, I bought the Kindle version of this book from Amazon. In the introduction lots of nice features of the pdf version are described. Unfortunately these have been lost i the conversion to kindle format. On top of that, this is my first kindle experience, and I don't find it as good as pdf!
Does my purchase of the kindle version entitle me to the pdf version?
Thanks

cris tian

Nickname: kcris

Re: Programming in Scala, Third Edition, Now Available Posted: Mar 1, 2017 8:34 AM
great contents, thanks

bad publishing: left side pages have a huge space at the left
right side pages have a huge space at the right

837 weird-looking pages, could have been 700 good looking ones

Jessica Donovan

Nickname: etomi

Re: Programming in Scala, Third Edition, Now Available Posted: Dec 11, 2017 2:11 AM
The book is really good. I bought it to learn something new and to remind myself of a couple of things. The book worked well in this :)

edward mckim

Nickname: edwardmc

Re: Programming in Scala, Third Edition, Now Available Posted: Jun 25, 2019 6:10 AM
Teachers are told what they need to accomplish, but never how it might be accomplished. That's why I chose essay writer career.

Flat View: This topic has 9 replies on 1 page
    Next Topic Topic: ScalaTest 3.0.0-M11 Released

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use