The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

ScalaTest/ScalaUtils Forum
ClassNotFoundException: scala.collection.generic.TraversableTemplate

3 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Oct 9, 2009 5:42 AM by Ger Ferra

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 3 replies on 1 page
Ger Ferra

Nickname: gerferra

ClassNotFoundException: scala.collection.generic.TraversableTemplate Posted: Sep 30, 2009 8:47 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
Hello.

It seems that the latest nightly build of scala 2.8 has removed TraversableTemplate from the library and now I'm having this error running tests using JUnit3Suite:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: scala/collection/generic/TraversableTemplate

I'm using the scala plugin for eclipse and the latest version of scalatest 2.8 snapshot

Now I'm trying to revert the update of the eclipse plugin but it doesn't seems to work... any thoughts?

Thank you.

This is the full stack trace:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: scala/collection/generic/TraversableTemplate
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2427)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:2670)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1603)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestLoader.getTest(JUnit3Tes tLoader.java:99)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestLoader.loadTests(JUnit3T estLoader.java:59)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunne r.java:452)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunne r.java:683)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.jav a:390)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.ja va:197)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: scala.collection.generic.TraversableTemplate
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:320)
... 10 more

Ger Ferra

Re: ClassNotFoundException: scala.collection.generic.TraversableTemplate Posted: Oct 1, 2009 2:34 PM
I've posted this problem in the scala-user mailing list. I copy here the response given by Bill Venners which explains the problem. The next snapshot update of ScalaTest 1.0 for Scala 2.8 will have this issue worked.

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Bill Venners <bill-7L19218AtADQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org> wrote:

Hi Germán,

I was just doing an update to the ScalaTest 1.0 for Scala 2.8 snapshot to that yesterday, and ran into a snag. They recently changed Array so it doesn't extend Seq anymore, and replaced that is-a relationship with a can-be-treated-as relationship via an implicit conversion. This breaks some code in ScalaTest matchers, which will be rather straightforward to fix, but I unfortunately don't have much time to work on it until Monday. So Monday for sure I'll have an update out, and I'm planning on basing it on the 09/29/2009 nightly.

To migrate ScalaTest from 2.7.x to 2.8 requires several hand changes, because there are some things that simply won't compile under both 2.7 and 2.8. I wouldn't spend time trying to do it if you can wait until Monday. And since you and others are waiting for it, I'll spend a little time now to see if I can cobble something together that will work for you in the meantime.

Bill

Razvan Cojocaru

Nickname: razie

Re: ClassNotFoundException: scala.collection.generic.TraversableTemplate Posted: Oct 6, 2009 10:11 AM
Hi - when do you expect to post the new 2.8 snapshot?

thanks.

Ger Ferra

Re: ClassNotFoundException: scala.collection.generic.TraversableTemplate Posted: Oct 9, 2009 5:42 AM
Hi.

I don't have any relation with ScalaTest, I'm just a user. You can ask this in the scalatest-users mailing list: groups.google.com/group/scalatest-users.

There was a bug in the scala 2.8 nightly build that was preventing Bill to generate the snapshot.

Regards,
Germán.

Flat View: This topic has 3 replies on 1 page
Topic: Thank you, Bill! Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: JUnit4Runner for ScalaTest

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use