Ginn House - Preservation Park
Ginn House is one of the Victorian houses in Preservation Park, located in the heart of downtown Oakland.
Location: Google Map
1233 Preservation Park Way, Oakland, CA 94612
Walking directions from 12th Street/City Center BART to Ginn House in Preservation Park:
- Take the 13th St exit from BART complex
- You will come right out into a water feature and some stairs
- Walk straight back two different levels, an escalator takes you up another level
- Walk straight back three blocks.
- Walk though city center, cross the street, go through the federal building lobby
- Pass some construction of a condominium. See Preservation Park straight ahead - 16 victorians
- See a fountain circle, a Parisian fountain, Dianna
- Behind the fountain is a big outdoor bandstand or pavillion.
- Facing that pavillion, they are the first house to the left. 2nd floor above the Cafe Rio.
- 1233 Preservation Parkway is the address
- First floor will have a Cafe Rio sign for the restaurant
- Go upstairs open the door, the door will be closed but unlocked
- An 8 minute walk from the 12th St BART station
The Washington Inn (recommended by Preservation Park staff)
495 10th Street, Oakland, CA (510) 452-1776 0.3 mi SE
Courtyard Marriott Oakland Downtown (recommended by Preservation Park staff)
988 Broadway, Oakland, CA (510) 625-8282 0.4 mi SE
584 14th Street, Oakland, CA (510) 451-2555 0.2 mi E
1424 Jefferson Street, Oakland, CA (510) 763-0173 0.2 mi E
The Ridge Hotel
634 15th Street, Oakland, CA (510) 835-1936 0.2 mi NE
587 15th Street, Oakland, CA (510) 444-1414 0.2 mi E
Old Oakland Hotel
805 Washington Street, Oakland, CA (510) 839-9021 0.3 mi SE
Clarion Hotel Downtown Oakland City Center
371 13th Street, Oakland, CA (510) 279-1700 0.5 mi E
10 Washington Street, Oakland, CA (510) 836-3800 0.7 mi S