The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Answers Forum
unsupported class version error

1 reply on 1 page. Most recent reply: May 3, 2006 10:48 PM by Matthias Neumair

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
parag koshti

Nickname: paragkosht

unsupported class version error Posted: May 3, 2006 12:20 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
hi there,
I had installed jdk1.5.0_06 versio of java in my pc. it was working fine for few days but suddenly it stopped working properly in the sense that it gave an error of unsupported class version error while running java application program.
it is compiling a program but not running.the error i got is:

exception in thread "main" java .lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:test (unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.define(Class0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class........

plz help me out to get rid of this error.tell me the solution to this problem as soon as possible.

Matthias Neumair

Nickname: neumi

Re: unsupported class version error Posted: May 3, 2006 10:48 PM
Reply to this message Reply
I think you may have installed a second Java runtime.

TRy to run your program giving the explicit path to the java runtime in a command shell like this:

c:\testprogram\>"c:\program files\java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\java" -cp . MyProgram

If it works then check your Java Runtime Settings in the System Control Panel or just deinstall the other Java Runtime (should show up in the Application List).

Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Topic: hi! i have a problem of how to make the java program of checkwriter.java Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Session in JSP

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use