The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Answers Forum
How to make javadoc comments in my sources quickly?

3 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Mar 27, 2003 11:58 AM by Mike Johnson

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 3 replies on 1 page
John

Nickname: rjohn

How to make javadoc comments in my sources quickly? Posted: Mar 27, 2003 5:54 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
How to make javadoc comments in my sources quickly?
For example I have source

public class a
{
public static void main(String arg[])
{
}
}

Is exists tool that can convert it to:

/**
*/
public class a
{
/**
* @param arg description for arg.
*/
public static void main(String arg[])
{
}
}

Sergey

Nickname: sergey

Re: How to make javadoc comments in my sources quickly? Posted: Mar 27, 2003 8:29 AM
Try Actos Auto Commentator For Java
http://www.actos-lab.com/AC4J.html

Matt Gerrans

Nickname: matt

Re: How to make javadoc comments in my sources quickly? Posted: Mar 27, 2003 11:52 AM
I think many of the nice editors/IDEs, like IntelliJ IDEA, NetBeans, Borland JBuilder, etc., will complete the comment header for you after you type '/**'. I don't know if they are all smart enough to fill in the @param and other parts, but I think most are. Some might even have a feature to generate comment header templates for all classes/public methods in existing files.

You can try all of these and more out for free (some like NetBeans are open source, so they remain free). Search for "Java IDE" on Google and you'll have plenty to try.

Mike Johnson

Nickname: mrjohnson

Re: How to make javadoc comments in my sources quickly? Posted: Mar 27, 2003 11:58 AM
Emacs + JDE does it pretty well for me, it's quick and unobtrusive.

On the other had, Emacs is a bit too much for people just starting. :-) I've also found that NetBeans is pretty straight-forward for that sort of thing...

Flat View: This topic has 3 replies on 1 page
Topic: Dashed line in java graphics Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Is it possible to draw shapes on an image in applet?

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use