The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
The Two Problems of the Joy Programming Language

15 replies on 2 pages. Most recent reply: Feb 17, 2006 1:30 PM by Christopher Diggins

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 15 replies on 2 pages [ « | 1 2 ]
Christopher Diggins

Nickname: cdiggins

Re: The Two Problems of the Joy Programming Language Posted: Feb 17, 2006 1:30 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
> > I'm a little puzzled by your first objection. Joy is a
> > concatenative language (like Forth and others), and
> > because of that it uses postfix.\

For the record, after all of my hemming and hawing, I finally decided to go with a postfix notation ala Joy/Forth/Postcript/HP Calculator etc.

I almost have the latest version ready which supports only "," as a concatenation operation. Also it will have polymorphic definitions, which allow name overloading based on the type of the top element of the stack.

If anyone is interested in following progress, and discussing more, please join the Unimperative mailing list at http://groups.google.com/group/unimperative

Flat View: This topic has 15 replies on 2 pages [ « | 1  2 ]
Topic: Where is Thinking in Java, 4th Edition? Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Unimperative: A Lisp Dialect and a C++ Subset

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use