The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
Looking for Memories of Python Old-Timers

54 replies on 55 pages. Most recent reply: Jan 3, 2008 9:50 PM by Sharmila Gopirajan Sivakumar

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 54 replies on 55 pages [ « | 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 55  | » ]
Jurjen Bos

Nickname: jneb

Re: Looking for Memories of Python Old-Timers Posted: May 23, 2006 1:15 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
My first time I used Python? Well that's about as long ago as the birth of Python itself.

I was a colleague of Guido and had done quite a bit of programming using Python's predecessor ABC: the programming language with the editor with too many features to be useful.
I did everything in ABC: I even generated addresses for my christmas cards with it!

Then, after the famous christmas holidays, Guido (who was my colleague at the time) said he made something better. I first didn't like the idea that I had to use an external editor to edit the files, but soon I realized that the Python way of thinking was so much better than the ABC way. I immediately switched, so I am proud to say that I actually used Python for virtually all my programming almost continuously for 16 years.

I did lots of little things. Most of my software is work related.
My most famous toy project is the "real numbers": a calculator that computes with infinite precision. (Yes, I should port it to 2.4. I know.)

- Jurjen

Flat View: This topic has 54 replies on 55 pages [ « | 2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 | » ]
Topic: Looking for Memories of Python Old-Timers Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: The Third State of your Binary JUnit Tests

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use