The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
The Cat Primitive Operations

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Christopher Diggins

Nickname: cdiggins

The Cat Primitive Operations (View in Weblogs)
Posted: Oct 29, 2006 10:55 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Summary
I've posted a list of the built-in atomic functions for the most recent version (0.9.3) of the Cat language.
Advertisement
I've just posted a table of all the approximately 100 primitive operations implemented in the current Cat interpreter at http://www.cat-language.com/primitives.html. I've also released the latest version of the code and executable version 0.9.3 Over the week-end I've made dozens of bug-fixes, cleaned up the code, and worked on the documentation. Now that the type-inference engine is stable things should go relatively smoothly and quickly from here on in. Hopefully in a week or two I should have a detailed walkthrough of the source code posted on CodeProject.com for those interested in looking closely under the hood.

For the uninitiated: Cat is a typed lightweight stack-based programming language inspired by Forth and Joy. Cat supports type inference which means that Cat looks and behaves like a dynamic language, but catches type errors at compile-time rather than run-time. This improves the safety and efficiency of Cat over dynamically typed languages.

Topic: The Cat Primitive Operations Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Cat Version 0.9

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use