The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
C# 3.0 Jam: One Week to Early-Bird Deadline

1 reply on 1 page. Most recent reply: Mar 10, 2008 10:59 AM by Jeff Heon

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Bruce Eckel

Nickname: beckel

C# 3.0 Jam: One Week to Early-Bird Deadline (View in Weblogs)
Posted: Jan 24, 2008 9:24 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Summary
This is the best way to get a head start on the new language features, especially LINQ.
Advertisement

Bill Wagner, author of Effective C# will be one of the coaches, and ...

For over a year, I've been coauthoring a C# 3.0 book with Jamie King, who was the lead technical reviewer for Thinking in C++, Volume 2. This book goes deeply into all the new language features, in particular the nooks and crannies of LINQ. Jamie is the primary expert and lead author on this book (but together we go over every line of text and every example, rewriting everything multiple times). Jamie will be coaching with Bill.

If there are enough signups, I will also be there to help (I don't have nearly the expertise that Bill and Jamie do, but I'm pretty good at figuring things out).

The early-bird deadline is January 31: http://www.mindviewinc.com/Conferences/CSharp3Jam/Index.php

Jeff Heon

Nickname: jfheon

Re: C# 3.0 Jam: One Week to Early-Bird Deadline Posted: Mar 10, 2008 10:59 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Is there a tentative publishing date for the C# 3.0 book?

Or a link where we can follow up on the book status?

Thank you!

Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Topic: C# 3.0 Jam: One Week to Early-Bird Deadline Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Geek Wildebeest: The Designer/Developer, No Longer Endangered

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use