The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
Goodbye Artima

4 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Oct 26, 2008 2:21 PM by Bruce Eckel

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 4 replies on 1 page
Guido van van Rossum

Nickname: guido

Goodbye Artima (View in Weblogs)
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 1:13 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Summary
It's been a good run, but the WYSIWIG editing facilities of Blogger have lured me away from Artima.
Advertisement

Goodbye Artima!

I had a Python-related post which I was going to post here, but halfway through editing the post I decided that I much preferred the slick WYSIWIG editor of Blogger. Since I have a Blogger blog anyway for my non-Python-related musings, putting up with Artima's Web-1.0-style editing form just isn't worth it. Sorry, Bill! I'll keep reading Artima for the Java contents.

Jayson Vantuyl

Nickname: kagato

Re: Goodbye Artima Posted: Oct 22, 2008 10:54 PM
Ummmm... A link to the new one would be nice at some point.

Erik Engbrecht

Nickname: eengbrec

Are you serious? Posted: Oct 23, 2008 6:49 AM
I use Blogger, and the WYSIWYG features caused me nothing but pain, so I stopped using them.

Paddy McCarthy

Nickname: paddy3118

Re: Goodbye Artima Posted: Oct 23, 2008 9:12 AM
Don't be too hasty.

Check this: http://paddy3118.blogspot.com/2007/09/open-letter-to-blogspot-team.html

- Paddy.

Bruce Eckel

Nickname: beckel

Re: Goodbye Artima Posted: Oct 26, 2008 2:21 PM
Although it isn't WYSIWYG, one thing I've found very valuable on Artima is being able to blog using Restructured Text. Like they use in the Python docs.

However, I do tend to have a lot of code in my blogs, so that may affect your choice.

Flat View: This topic has 4 replies on 1 page
Topic: Unit Testing Frameworks - When to Abandon or Migrate? Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: The Real Lesson of Flex

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use