The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
TDD Jolted the Industry!

2 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Mar 22, 2004 10:33 AM by David Vydra

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
Dave Astels

Nickname: dastels

TDD Jolted the Industry! (View in Weblogs)
Posted: Mar 19, 2004 10:20 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Summary
"Test Driven Development: A Practical Guide" just won the Jolt award inthe Technical Book category. I want to make my appreciation known for those that helped out.
Advertisement
At the 2004 Jolt Awards (Mar 17 at the SDWest conference) my latest book was award the Jolt for "Technical Book". I'd like to take a moment to acknowledge and thank the folks that helped make the book what it is:

Mike Clark for the section on JUnitPerf,

Jens Uwe Pipka for the section on the Daedalos extensions,

Tim Bacon for the section on xmlUnit,

Mike Bowler for the section on the Gargoyle extensions ,

Bryan Dollery for the section on IDEA,

James Newkirk for the chapter on NUnit, (James' own book on TDD with .Net is now out as well)

Bob Payne for stepping in at the last minute with the chapter on PyUnit,

Kay Pentecost for the chapter on VbUnit, and

Scott Ambler for the appendix on agile modeling (Scott always seems to have a new book out... I've lost track :).

Thanks everyone!

There are always scores of people behind the scenes of any success, and this is no exception. I'd especially like to thank my editor, Paul Petralia for his hard work, encouragement, and.. well.. patience.

Dave

Larry O'Brien

Nickname: lobrien

Re: TDD Jolted the Industry! Posted: Mar 20, 2004 11:07 AM
Congratulations, Dave! As one of the judges, I can assure you that this was a very solid category with a lot of high-quality work, but Test-Driven Development stood out even so!

Cheers,
Larry O'Brien
http://www.ThinkingIn.NET/

David Vydra

Nickname: dvydra

Re: TDD Jolted the Industry! Posted: Mar 22, 2004 10:33 AM
Congratulations!

The crew at testdriven.com

Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
Topic: To type or not to type Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: How Mortal These Fools Be...

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use