The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Alternatives to Java Native Interface (JNI)

3 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Oct 17, 2006 10:04 AM by Vikram Roopchand

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 3 replies on 1 page
Janek Schwarz

Nickname: jschwarz

Janek Schwarz is a software developer specialized in client-side Java technologies
Alternatives to Java Native Interface (JNI) Posted: Jul 28, 2005 4:29 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Janek Schwarz.
Original Post: Alternatives to Java Native Interface (JNI)
Feed Title: The Wannabe Java Rockstar
Feed URL: http://weblog.janek.org/Archive/Categories/javablogs.rss.xml
Feed Description: The Wannabe Java Rockstar: Janek's weblog where all posts go to Eleven
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Janek Schwarz
Latest Posts From The Wannabe Java Rockstar

Advertisement

Inspired by the announcement of xFunction, I searched the web for libraries that ease the use of native code. As it turns out, it's quite a few.

Libraries for simplifying JNI

Java/COM integration

Of these toolkits, J-Integra stands out. It integrates Java with COM in pure Java. By talking to COM components over TCP/IP, J-Integra even works on non-Microsoft plattforms..

Special interest

There are various libraries available that provide access to specific functionality on Windows. Many of those could be replaced by the likes of JNIWrapper. Nevertheless, I included them for completeness.

Nota bene: I think it's pretty obvious that the Java community lacks creativity when it comes to product names. We really should stop naming our products "JSomething" or "Something4j".

Read: Alternatives to Java Native Interface (JNI)

Vikram Roopchand

Nickname: vikramrc

Re: Alternatives to Java Native Interface (JNI) Posted: Sep 10, 2006 6:18 AM
Hi Janek,
J-Integra is commercial, an open source solution which is also purely in Java can be found at http://j-interop.sourceforge.net

Thanks,
best regards,
Vikram

Vikram Roopchand

Re: Alternatives to Java Native Interface (JNI) Posted: Sep 28, 2006 5:30 AM
New Version 1.05(a) released:-

1) New Feature: Complete support for Manipulating Windows registry in a non native way. All create/read/update/delete operations supported. Please check the WinReg package.

2) New Feature: For inproc servers like DLLs and OCXs , and auto register feature has been provided, using this flag in JISystem\JIClsid\JIProgID class can result in the library making all the registry related changes required to run any Inproc server. It is done on the fly.

Beta will be released next week. If anyone has any feature request, they can send the same to me till mid next week.

Thanks to all developers for trying j-Interop.

best regards,
Vikram

Vikram Roopchand

Re: Alternatives to Java Native Interface (JNI) Posted: Oct 17, 2006 10:04 AM
After 10 months of development and 8 Alphas, I proudly present the first beta. The library will remain in Beta stage for next 2 months before it hits stable.

I thank all developers for using j-Interop and coming out with some very useful comments.

best regards,
Vikram

Flat View: This topic has 3 replies on 1 page
Topic: Alex Miller: Implementing Domain Specific Languages in Java Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Selectively deploying web applications to the internet

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use