The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Producer Consumer Problem with Wait and Notify Example

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Javin Paul

Nickname: javinpaul

Javin Paul is Java Programmer working on Finance domain.
Producer Consumer Problem with Wait and Notify Example Posted: Dec 30, 2012 1:57 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Javin Paul.
Original Post: Producer Consumer Problem with Wait and Notify Example
Feed Title: Java67
Feed URL: http://www.java67.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss
Feed Description: Java and technology tutorials, tips, questions for all programmers.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Javin Paul
Latest Posts From Java67

Advertisement
Producer Consumer Problem is a classical concurrency problem and in fact it is one of the concurrency design pattern. In last article we have seen solving Producer Consumer problem in Java using blocking Queue but one of my reader emailed me and requested code example and explanation of solving Producer Consumer problem in Java  with wait and notify method as well, Since its often asked as one of the top coding question in Java. In this Java tutorial, I have put the code example of wait notify version of earlier producer consumer concurrency design pattern. You can see this is much longer code with explicit handling blocking conditions like when shared queue is full and when queue is empty. Since we have replaced BlockingQueue with Vector we need to implement blocking using wait and notify and that's why we have introduced produce(int i) and consume() method. If you see I have kept consumer thread little slow by allowing it to sleep for 50 Milli second to give an opportunity to producer to fill the queue, which helps to understand that Producer thread is also waiting when Queue is full.
Read more »

Read: Producer Consumer Problem with Wait and Notify Example

Topic: Agile Software Developer Terminology for New Programmers Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Ensuring the order of execution for tasks

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use