The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
2003-06-14 Native libraries in the Java worl ...

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Jerome Bernard

Nickname: jeje

Jerome Bernard is consultant working for StepInfo.
2003-06-14 Native libraries in the Java worl ... Posted: Jul 29, 2003 4:54 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Jerome Bernard.
Original Post: 2003-06-14 Native libraries in the Java worl ...
Feed Title: Kalixia
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/kalixia/?cat=3
Feed Description: A small place for distributed computing...
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Jerome Bernard
Latest Posts From Kalixia

Advertisement
Native libraries in the Java world… I am working on an application that makes heavy use of the Berkeley DB. This database is a native one with a Java API. It is built in such a way that the Java API uses a JNI library (libdb_java41) and this library requires another one (libdb41).I want to integrate the database both in a WAR and in a Java Web Start client. Java Web Start has support for native libraries and I'm even able to tell which library to use depending on the architecture of the client. In Java Web Start the only thing you have to do if you want to use native libraries is to package them in a JAR and add it to your JNLP deployment descriptor.The solution for a WAR is not as cool though: the only trick I found is to explode the WAR and set the java.library.path property of the JVM starting the servlet container to WEB-INF/lib (where my libraries are). I tried to add a JAR with the native libraries in WEB-INF/lib but this does not work :-(Does anyone have a better suggestion?BTW, warm welcome to conover.

Read: 2003-06-14 Native libraries in the Java worl ...

Topic: From Proudly Serving My Corporate Masters: Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: SMYLE Lightweight Persistence with Heavyweight Features

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use