The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Python Buzz Forum
Camera choices

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Phillip Pearson

Nickname: myelin

Phillip Pearson is a Python hacker from New Zealand
Camera choices Posted: Jan 6, 2004 1:57 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Python Buzz by Phillip Pearson.
Original Post: Camera choices
Feed Title: Second p0st
Feed URL: http://www.myelin.co.nz/post/rss.xml
Feed Description: Tech notes and web hackery from the guy that brought you bzero, Python Community Server, the Blogging Ecosystem and the Internet Topic Exchange
Latest Python Buzz Posts
Latest Python Buzz Posts by Phillip Pearson
Latest Posts From Second p0st

Advertisement

Just before Christmas, I managed to destroy my Casio Exilim EX-S2 camera. The repair will cost either about $150 or about $600, depending whether the main circuit board is screwed or not. I'm not sure if I want to risk the latter bill, so I've been cameraless for the past few months.

Now I'm looking for a replacement. Here are the choices so far:

1. another EX-S2 (off eBay; 2MP; small) - about NZ$300
  2. an EX-S3 (new; 3MP; small) - NZ$580
  3. an EX-Z3 (new; 3MP; optical zoom) - NZ$650
  4. a Pentax Optio S (new; 3MP; optical zoom; smaller than EX-Z3) - NZ$700

I can't decide whether I want to go for another small/slim camera (EX-S2 or EX-S3), or for something with optical zoom (EX-Z3 or Optio S). My father has an Optio S, and it looks good, but it's quite big compared to my old EX-S2. The EX-S2 permanently lived in my shirt pocket, so it was always there when I wanted to take a picture, but I'm not sure if I could do that with either of the EX-Z3 or the Optio S.

(Note: NZ$1 is about US$0.50-0.70, depending).

Comment

Read: Camera choices

Topic: Browser as Desktop UI Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Boats and home automation

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use