The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Python Buzz Forum
Another Lindy-builder, and other things

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Aaron Brady

Nickname: insommeuk

Aaron Brady is lead developer for Crestsource
Another Lindy-builder, and other things Posted: Aug 6, 2013 2:25 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Python Buzz by Aaron Brady.
Original Post: Another Lindy-builder, and other things
Feed Title: insom.me.uk
Feed URL: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/insommeuk
Feed Description: Posts related to using Python. Some tricks and tips, observations, hacks, and the Brand New Things.
Latest Python Buzz Posts
Latest Python Buzz Posts by Aaron Brady
Latest Posts From insom.me.uk

Advertisement

Bas Mostert has been building his own low-power board into a Lindy enclosure! His is a 700Mhz Geode which, crucially, has two NICs and should be able to max out his home Internet connection (something that the Raspberry Pi can’t do, certainly not with a USB NIC in the mix).

Look at that power connector!

Like it was made for it

He also still has his door, so won’t need to fashion a front for it out of mesh. I’ve actually retired mine, which wasn’t an entirely popular decision, because I want to run Plex Media Server. This is closed source and currently only available for Intel-based platforms, so the Pi never even had a chance.

That said, I’m still saving power (kind of), because I’m using an HP MicroServer as the new under-the-stairs computer, which has a pretty low power Neo processor, and Plex is being frontend by a cheap and very low power Roku LT box. My previous DLNA client was an Xbox 360, which is a beast for electricity usage.

(You can tell I’m still convincing myself, right?)

Read: Another Lindy-builder, and other things

Topic: Moar Aaron Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Moving your Windows profile off of SSD in Windows8

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use