The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Python Buzz Forum
Help Jython

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Jarno Virtanen

Nickname: jajvirta

Jarno Virtanen is a university student for life, it seems, and a part time software developer
Help Jython Posted: Jul 8, 2003 8:02 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Python Buzz by Jarno Virtanen.
Original Post: Help Jython
Feed Title: Python owns us
Feed URL: http://sedoparking.com/search/registrar.php?domain=®istrar=sedopark
Feed Description: A weblog about Python from the view point of Jarno Virtanen.
Latest Python Buzz Posts
Latest Python Buzz Posts by Jarno Virtanen
Latest Posts From Python owns us

Advertisement

Jython is an amazing piece of software, I must say. I have been fiddling and twiddling with all sorts of Java modules in my dayjob, and Jython just makes my life a whole lot easier. If I need to know how some undocumented, mysterious Java package behaves, I can just import the damn thing into my Jython program and see what it eats and spits and so on.

But the thing is that there has always been a bit of a shortage of core Jython developers, and lately things have been even worse. Apparently Finn Bock hasn't been active for a while, and Samuele Pedroni et al. don't have time for everything. I don't know the details of the whole story, but Guido mentioned about this in his EuroPython keynote, and the message was that there aren't enough core developers right now for Jython.

On the other hand, Pedroni didn't seem to be too concerned about the situation in his message about the future of Jython on some Jython mailing-list (which apparently isn't on-line right now, so I can't give you a link). Anyhow, the best you can do to help is to take some of the bugs from sourceforge and resolve them with the help of the other developers.

Turns out I didn't know half of the history of Jython. Here is the Story of Jython, written by Jim Hugunin as a foreword to Jython Essentials.

Read: Help Jython

Topic: reStructuredText coming to Zwiki Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Twisted Graphics

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use