The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
New book coming: Pragmatic Rails Recipes

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
David Heinemeier Hansson

Nickname: dhh

David Heinemeier Hansson is the lead Ruby developer on 37signal's Basecamp and constructor of Rails
New book coming: Pragmatic Rails Recipes Posted: Mar 21, 2005 5:12 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by David Heinemeier Hansson.
Original Post: New book coming: Pragmatic Rails Recipes
Feed Title: Loud Thinking
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/LoudThinking
Feed Description: All about the full-stack, web-framework Rails for Ruby and on putting it to good effect with Basecamp
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by David Heinemeier Hansson
Latest Posts From Loud Thinking

Advertisement

I'm incredibly proud to announce the third Rails book in the making. The title is "Pragmatic Rails Recipes: A Guide to Elegant Web Development" and the authors should be very familiar to the Rails community: Marcel Molina (noradio) and Scott Barron (htonl). They've been around since the first release and are both integral parts of the Rails community through their programs, writing, and help on IRC.

The publisher is Dave Thomas' progressive Pragmatic Bookshelf. The same umbrella that'll carry the first Rails book to be published, Agile Web Development with Rails. This will of course ensure that the two books will become very complimentary and that they'll both be available in my favorite reference book format: PDF.

It's still very early in the process, the signatures on the contract is hardly dry, so the release target is tentative at best. Never the less, Scott and Marcel are aiming at October of this year. That'll give the three books current announced a nice spread. Dave's book around July, this one around October, and the German book around December/January.

That's of course not to say that we can't fit more books into the calendar. Quite the contrary. And from the handful of offers I've been getting from various authors and publishers, I'd be quite surprised if we didn't see at least a couple of more Rails book announced this year.

Exciting times indeed.

Scott also talks about the book today.

Read: New book coming: Pragmatic Rails Recipes

Topic: Scripting Portupgrade with Ruby Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Watchmen Movie Web Site Launched

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use