The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Bulleted Update

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Obie Fernandez

Nickname: obie

Obie Fernandez is a Technologist for ThoughtWorks
Bulleted Update Posted: Jan 30, 2006 7:58 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Obie Fernandez.
Original Post: Bulleted Update
Feed Title: Obie On Rails (Has It Been 9 Years Already?)
Feed URL: http://jroller.com/obie/feed/entries/rss
Feed Description: Obie Fernandez talks about life as a technologist, mostly as ramblings about software development and consulting. Nowadays it's pretty much all about Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Obie Fernandez
Latest Posts From Obie On Rails (Has It Been 9 Years Already?)

Advertisement
  • I'll be formally announcing my book project very soon. The writing is starting to keep me very busy every night and has definitely sapped some of my energy for posting regularly to this blog.
  • The Intro to Rails article that I just wrote for Mark Collins-Scope's ObjectiveView magazine is submitted and will be published soon.
  • My current project is a very fancy kiosk with Rails/Prototype/Scriptaculous driving the front-end and Ruby daemons managing the hardware to Rails interfaces. It's the first Rails project that I've done with a large (8 person), distributed (most in India) ThoughtWorks team and I can state confidently that the productivity benefits are holding up very well. Apparently Ruby has spread at TWI like influenza and there's a lot of excitement there. I'm impressed with how easily my colleagues are learning Ruby.
  • Next week I'm kicking off work on a significant project in Wilmington, DE. I'm leading a team of 4 ThoughtWorkers in rewriting and reinventing a critical-path backoffice banking system in Ruby/Rails. Based on the analysis done so far we're leaning heavily towards a DSL approach to the design that should reap many benefits for the client compared to how we know this type of system would normally be implemented. One of the great aspects of this project is that we have permission to discuss it publicly as long as we don't disclose their business processes, so we are planning on publishing a team blog just like our colleagues over at Greenpeace in the UK do with their cutting-edge social portal project written in Django.
  • Aslak "DamageControl" Hellesoy and I are collaborating again! Along with my girlfriend Desi (fellow Railser!) we are building a web-based tool named Kipling which facilitates Agile software development with stories. I'm having a great time with this project because 1) getting to pair with your girlfriend and one of your best friends is super-cool and 2) we are taking the opinionated software approach to how we design the features of the app -- and we think the difference between our product and competitors like Xplanner will be remarkable.

Read: Bulleted Update

Topic: ADV: TheNewSites.com - free new website press releases and web directory Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: The Virtues of Monkey Patching

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use