The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
RadiantOnRails released on RubyForge

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Matt Parrish

Nickname: mparrish

Matt Parrish is founder and lead developer of Pearware LLC, a Ruby on Rails web development company
RadiantOnRails released on RubyForge Posted: Jun 1, 2007 7:50 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Matt Parrish.
Original Post: RadiantOnRails released on RubyForge
Feed Title: pearware blog - agile web development
Feed URL: http://blog.pearware.org/feed/atom.xml
Feed Description: Agile web development using Ruby on Rails (and sometimes Java)
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Matt Parrish
Latest Posts From pearware blog - agile web development

Advertisement

RadiantOnRails is a Radiant extension I created to allow a Rails application to co-exist with Radiant, giving the developer the best of both (dynamic and static) worlds. You can now visit the new project page on RubyForge.

This extension will be a major piece for the website I'm currently working on, RealIdaho.com. Most of the pages for the site just display static content about cities, but there are other portions of the site that will be fully-dynamic Rails pages. This extension allows me to combine both portions of the site into one application so we can develop the Rails pages for displaying the data-driven pages and still leverage the wonderful user interface created by the Radiant team. This will allow the realtor to make content changes without me having to make code changes and redeploy.

RadiantOnRails currently allows Radiant snippets to be inserted into Rails views and the next step is to allow the Rails views to use the Radiant layouts so that the look 'n' feel of the site is consistent, while keeping the views DRY. I'll also be working with Loren Johnson to make Radiant available as a plugin which will make integrating Radiant with Rails even easier.

Read: RadiantOnRails released on RubyForge

Topic: Pretty404 goes evil Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Changes to Ship It! LIVE Early Bird Dates

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use