The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Expiring Paid Credits? UNACCEPTABLE

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Obie Fernandez

Nickname: obie

Obie Fernandez is a Technologist for ThoughtWorks
Expiring Paid Credits? UNACCEPTABLE Posted: Jun 8, 2007 7:15 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Obie Fernandez.
Original Post: Expiring Paid Credits? UNACCEPTABLE
Feed Title: Obie On Rails (Has It Been 9 Years Already?)
Feed URL: http://jroller.com/obie/feed/entries/rss
Feed Description: Obie Fernandez talks about life as a technologist, mostly as ramblings about software development and consulting. Nowadays it's pretty much all about Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Obie Fernandez
Latest Posts From Obie On Rails (Has It Been 9 Years Already?)

Advertisement

This email from istockphoto.com landed in my Inbox today:

This message is a friendly reminder to you that iStockphoto credits expire within 1 year of the date of purchase. You have credits in your account that will expire in the next 60 days if not used:

Acquisition Type: Normal Purchase Expiration Date: 2007-08-07 00:00:00 Credits Expiring: 24

I paid actual money for those credits, and as a casual consumer of stock photography I'm not in a hurry to use them. I consider expiring those credits STEALING and remarkably sleazy, especially for a company like istockphoto which has otherwise remarkably high standards for itself.

This post is essentially an open letter to them and any modern business that operates on paid credits. EXPIRING PAID CREDITS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. Yes I'm shouting, because I'm angry. It doesn't cost anything to not expire my credits. It does cost A LOT to expire them. You've pissed off a happy customer! You've created bad publicity! In case you're thinking, "oh, you're not a good customer anyway, since you don't buy regularly," I say don't be so damn short-sighted. Do you realize how many people I've enthusiastically recommended check out your service? Not anymore! Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Read: Expiring Paid Credits? UNACCEPTABLE

Topic: The Oath of the Conscientious Programmer Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: What's New in Edge Rails: Nested Resource RESTful URL Builder

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use