The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
As Creative As We Make Time to Be

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Jason Rudolph

Nickname: jrudolph

Jason Rudolph is the author of "Getting Started with Grails" and is a Principal at Relevance.
As Creative As We Make Time to Be Posted: Jan 23, 2013 5:47 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Jason Rudolph.
Original Post: As Creative As We Make Time to Be
Feed Title: puts Blog.new("nonsense")
Feed URL: http://jasonrudolph.com/blog/feed/
Feed Description: Noteworthy nonsense for software developers.
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Jason Rudolph
Latest Posts From puts Blog.new("nonsense")

Advertisement

Our creative products represent the best ideas we've had so far — the best ideas available to us based on the time and space we've allowed for creativity so far.

If we want our creative output to represent the best ideas we're capable of producing — as opposed to merely the strongest idea we thought of this morning — it's up to us to operate in a way that allows our best ideas to form. It turns out that their ability to form is dependent both on the way we approach our creative work and on the way we spend our time between periods of focused creative work.

Over the past year, my creative artifacts (e.g., prose, presentations, code) have benefited from that realization. And in large part, I credit that realization (and my specific techniques for acting on it) to the insight offered by these gentlemen:

Each of these items is worth absorbing in its entirety.

Read: As Creative As We Make Time to Be

Topic: A “Free” online course: Sinatra 101 Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Quickly pushing your public SSH key to a server

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use