The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Emacs Lisp: Toggle Between a Clojure String and Keyword

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Jay Fields

Nickname: jayfields

Jay Fields is a software developer for ThoughtWorks
Emacs Lisp: Toggle Between a Clojure String and Keyword Posted: May 2, 2013 7:43 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Jay Fields.
Original Post: Emacs Lisp: Toggle Between a Clojure String and Keyword
Feed Title: Jay Fields Thoughts
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/jayfields/mjKQ
Feed Description: Blog about Ruby, Agile, Testing and other topics related to software development.
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Jay Fields
Latest Posts From Jay Fields Thoughts

Advertisement
When I was doing a fair bit of Ruby I often used the TextMate's shortcut (Ctrl+:) to convert a Ruby String to a Symbol or a Ruby Symbol to a String. It's something I've periodically missed while doing Clojure, and yesterday I found myself in the middle of a refactoring that was going to force the conversion of 5+ Clojure Keywords to Strings.

The following emacs lisp is my solution for toggling between Clojure Strings and Keywords. The standard disclaimers apply - it works on my machine, and I've never claimed to know emacs lisp well.

A quick video of the behavior:

Read: Emacs Lisp: Toggle Between a Clojure String and Keyword

Topic: Recovering Lost Post Data Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Year Five

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use