The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
That Robot Doesn't Represent My Text Stylings

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Red Handed

Nickname: redhanded

Red Handed is a Ruby-focused group blog.
That Robot Doesn't Represent My Text Stylings Posted: Jan 10, 2005 1:17 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Red Handed.
Original Post: That Robot Doesn't Represent My Text Stylings
Feed Title: RedHanded
Feed URL: http://redhanded.hobix.com/index.xml
Feed Description: sneaking Ruby through the system
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Red Handed
Latest Posts From RedHanded

Advertisement

TextMate replacement icons.

Reader Skip Speedbike stopped by earlier today and I want to echo the concern he has for you TextMate users who can’t relate to the current robot icon. You know—the one that’s gently dismembered. Dismembered in a way that only OS X can make cuddly.

In case this is troubling to you, and maybe you don’t want your clients seeing that icon, or you lack the caregiving skills to nurse the little robot back to help, here are alternate icons, including the soft gears picto’d above.

Smashed potatoes robot.

The link on the wiki to this 1970s robot sensation who sold mashed potatoes in the UK is a nice segway, too. Original commercial is here. A beautiful related ad can be found here.

Read: That Robot Doesn't Represent My Text Stylings

Topic: 43things in 5,204 lines of Ruby on Rails Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: The Glowing And The Power

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use