The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Typofication

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Tobias Luetke

Nickname: xal

Tobias Luetke is a contributor to the ruby on rails project
Typofication Posted: Mar 17, 2005 9:08 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Tobias Luetke.
Original Post: Typofication
Feed Title: too-biased
Feed URL: http://blog.leetsoft.com/xml/rss/
Feed Description: Read the announcement: CD Baby rewrite in Postgres and Ruby, Baby!CD Baby is going rails. This is huge! If you don’t know CD Baby, its a distribution site with over 80.000 musicians under contract and its one of the biggest digital distributors of audio to Apple iTunes, Napster, Rhapsody, etc.  Read all about it here. What is even more exciting about it is that I’m on board for the rewrite and I had chance to talk to Derek on the phone directly for a consulting session which might have played its little part in the decision to go with rails. Come monday I’ll work together with him and other rails contributor Jeremy Kemper to help crunch those 90k lines of PHP in beautifully compact code for which Rails and Ruby are known. Here is a quote from Derek’s announcement on his weblog: Like a lost soul walkin’ the earth, lookin’ for spirituality, that stumbles upon the right church with the right people at the right time, I’ve found my niche with Ruby. Its little itty-bitty community attracts some brilliant “think different” types with a love for beautiful code that do this for love, not money.
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Tobias Luetke
Latest Posts From too-biased

Advertisement

I finally got to update my own typo install with all the latest developments. One of the really cool new things in the last release was the live search. check it out.

Oh. This also means that comments finally work again. Post away!

I’m also extremely impressed by the quick adoption rate of typo considering its limitations.

If you are running a blog based on typo please add yourself to the list.

Read: Typofication

Topic: Accelerating interest in Building of Basecamp Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Web Framework Rumble

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use