The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
AJAX & SOA to merge? puh-lease!

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Udi Dahan

Nickname: udidahan

Udi Dahan is The Software Simplist
AJAX & SOA to merge? puh-lease! Posted: Oct 6, 2006 1:15 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Udi Dahan.
Original Post: AJAX & SOA to merge? puh-lease!
Feed Title: Udi Dahan - The Software Simplist
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/UdiDahan-TheSoftwareSimplist
Feed Description: I am a software simplist. I make this beast of architecting, analysing, designing, developing, testing, managing, deploying software systems simple. This blog is about how I do it.
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Udi Dahan
Latest Posts From Udi Dahan - The Software Simplist

Advertisement
This came up on my radar, its from the WebSphere Power Magazine.

"Although technologists have been calling for the marriage of hot technologies such as SOAs and AJAX to help users better leverage Web services, the industry is only now beginning to see products that fully support this integration. At the AJAXWorld conference, JackBe and TIBCO Software are unveiling initiatives to more tightly link service-oriented architectures and Asynchronous JavaScript and XML."

First of all, as we already know, SOA is not a technology.

Second, SOA is not dependent on Web Services, but can be implemented with them.

As for integration between AJAX and SOA, from the service's perspective, anyone can send it a message, and the service will then decide based on certain criteria (policy if you will) whether or not to handle the message or send a response. So, AJAX doesn't change anything in terms of SOA. As for the ability to send a message to a service, AJAX has certain limitations security-wise since it's run out of the browser, but these shouldn't be a problem.

So, it appears for lack of anything important to do, the vendors decided to invest in integrating stuff that can already work together just fine, maybe a point-and-click interface for developers?

Read: AJAX & SOA to merge? puh-lease!

Topic: Test Sharp (private ctor di una classe abstract) Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: The type or namespace name 'Properties' could not be found

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use