The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
Need to do Demos very fast? Go offline.

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Sascha Corti

Nickname: sascha

Sascha Corti is a developer evangelist for Microsoft in Switzerland.
Need to do Demos very fast? Go offline. Posted: Mar 9, 2004 3:26 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Sascha Corti.
Original Post: Need to do Demos very fast? Go offline.
Feed Title: Console.WriteLine("Hello World");
Feed URL: http://www.corti.com/WebLogSascha/blogxbrowsing.asmx/GetRss?
Feed Description: A technology blog with a focus on the .NET framework, the Visual Studio .NET tools and the Windows server platform with of course the normal weblog-noise on what's happening in the industry and reviews of the latest geeky gadgets.
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Sascha Corti
Latest Posts From Console.WriteLine("Hello World");

Advertisement

I have decided to use "offline demos" today for a rather short presentation (30 minutes for the whole topic) on Avalon and XAML, the presentation subsystem of Longhorn and it's markup language. To do that, I created screen-shots of the development environment, highlighting the important code-parts using call-outs and the resulting, running application.

Of course it's still quite early to evangelize the Longhorn programming models, but this was done on a specific customer request.

I have not used this method before, but I liked the result quite much - allowing me to save lots of time compared to showing the real demo live. If there is time though, nothing compares to the "real-deal" - coding and running the demo live. Here are pictures of the resulting slides:

If you are interested, you can get the whole deck from here (3.2MB).

Read: Need to do Demos very fast? Go offline.

Topic: Scoble & Tivo Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: The CSharp Team has a

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use