The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
Sometimes I'm simply frustrated at the qualification game

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Roy Osherove

Nickname: royo

Roy Osherove is a .Net consultant based in Israel
Sometimes I'm simply frustrated at the qualification game Posted: Oct 10, 2004 3:43 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Roy Osherove.
Original Post: Sometimes I'm simply frustrated at the qualification game
Feed Title: ISerializable
Feed URL: http://www.asp.net/err404.htm?aspxerrorpath=/rosherove/Rss.aspx
Feed Description: Roy Osherove's persistent thoughts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Roy Osherove
Latest Posts From ISerializable

Advertisement
You have no idea how frustrating it is to me to read something like this and know that I need not apply.
I know I am capable, I know they would want me (or some other job offer from the same place from a different area) and I know we could hit it off, but I don't have the qualifications. That is - I don't have a degree. And on the other hand, I don't have a proven track record of 12 years experience (only 7-8) which is the equivalent of a degree. The sad fact is that I've already been interviewed for several places, all of who wanted me to come in, but my lack of degree made it impossible to get there.
Life sucks sometimes.
On the other hand - I have a job at the 2nd best place to be working at in Israel - Magen. It's the "Almost Microsoft" place as much as any "Almost Microsoft" place can be. It has great people, it has great things to do. But it's not Microsoft.. Call me a perfectionist...
I see myself in one of two positions in the far future: Either I'm at Redmond doing some really cool thing, or I'm a self employed, money grubbing, technology teaching, project advising bastard. Whatever works. As long as I'm having fun doing the things I love the most - being creative with cool things.

Read: Sometimes I'm simply frustrated at the qualification game

Topic: End User Training Kit for SharePoint Portal Server 2003 Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Addressing a PDF at the Page Level with an URL

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use